[Review] Floating Widget Brings Widgets To The Foreground, But Comes With Trade-offs
There has been a trend lately of apps being released that act more like traditional floating windows. LilyPad HD, OverSkeen, and AirTerm have all garnered a lot of interest, but they are single use apps. Floating Widget does just what its name suggests: it makes widgets float on top of your apps. The implementation is a little odd at first, but once you learn the rules, Floating Widget is useful in a number of situations.
The actual Floating Widget app isn’t the most intuitive, and the instructions it offers at start up are hard to follow until you actually dive in. The app has a few buttons, but there is little indication where to start.
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- [Hands-On] Zoom Widget Designer, An App By The Developer Of Tasker, Goes Into The Public Testing Phase
- Like Floating Apps? Then You’ll Love LilyPad HD, A Floating Messaging Client For Tablets
- Launcher Pro v0.7.9.0 Update Introduces Friends Widget, Customizable Homescreen Grid Size, Bug Fixes
- Beautiful Widgets Gets An Update, Gets A Snazzy New Skin Market Site And Multiple Weather Forecasts
- Hands-On With The Honeybread Theme For CyanogenMod 7: It’s The Bee’s Knees!
[Review] Floating Widget Brings Widgets To The Foreground, But Comes With Trade-offs was written by the awesome team at Android Police.