AT&T’s One X Left Out Of Bootloader Unlock Program – HTC Cites “Restrictions” As Reason For Cold Shoulder
After MoDaCo’s recent report that HTC’s Bootloader Unlock tool didn’t work for AT&T’s One X variant, The Verge reached out to the Taiwanese manufacturer, and received a reply which suggested that the device has "restrictions" which prevent its bootloader from being unlockable:
HTC is committed to listening to users and delivering customer satisfaction. Since announcing our commitment to unlockable bootloaders, HTC has worked to enable our customers to unlock the bootloader on more than 45 devices over the past six months. In some cases, however, restrictions prevent certain devices from participating in our bootloader unlocking program. Rest assured, HTC is committed to assisting developers in unlocking bootloaders for HTC devices and we’ll continue to unlock additional devices in the future."
Evidently, HTC has no current plans to unlock the bootloader of AT&T’s One X, despite their persistent claims in the past that all future bootloaders would be unlockable.
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- HTC Adds Bootloader Unlock Compatibility For Desire HD, Additional Desire And Wildfire Models
- [Updated x3] HTCDev.com Now Unlocking HTC Rezound, Vivid, Jetstream, Rhyme, And All HTC Devices Released After Sept 2011
- HTC Details Upcoming Bootloader Unlocking Process For New And Select Existing Devices Via A Web-Based Tool
- HTC Staying The Distance, Opens Bootloader Unlock To Hero, Legend, Droid Eris, myTouch 3G and 4G
- HTC Bootloader Unlock Portal Updated, Now Includes The EVO 3D
AT&T’s One X Left Out Of Bootloader Unlock Program – HTC Cites "Restrictions" As Reason For Cold Shoulder was written by the awesome team at Android Police.